January 11, 2011

Fiesta Cornbread

Not to long ago, I started getting really bored with traditional cornbread. Every time I made it,  I would think about what I could add to it to make it more flavorful, without adding hundreds of extra calories. The corn kernels give a nice texture, while the jalapenos add just the right amount of heat. For even more flavor, add bacon bits and chives!

Fiesta Cornbread

Ingredients:
1 box Cornbread mix (I use Krustez Honey Cornbread mix. If using jiffy, use 2 boxes)
1 can of corn, drained
1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped

Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, prepare cornbread following the box instructions.
2. Add corn and jalapeno peppers. Stir well.
3. Bake according to box timetable based on pan size, etc.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment